Sunday, May 27, 2012

Beginning, End, In Between


I am considering bringing Lausten North to an end. His name indicates a search that is occurring somewhere in the wisdom direction of the traditional Lakota wheel. For me, no search is ever over, but at some point, you have to call it. The beginning for me was a sense of having something to offer, but not being sure what that was. That led to questions about just what science is and just what religion is. That led to the history of the philosophy of science and how and where it first flourished and why it is still struggling and why what happened is not common knowledge. It led to walking away from church and finding more wonder and inspiration in the natural world than I expected. 

Along the way, I think I’ve asked good questions, hopefully not offered too much unsolicited advice and occasionally entertained. At this point, the path is a bit too windy. I’m thinking about straightening it out a bit, like a timeline. If you don’t hear from me, that’s where I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment