Monday, July 5, 2010

The 3 Questions

A friend of mine used to drive a cab, so he met all sorts of interesting people. One day he had a fare to the airport with some guy who looked like he was from India, complete with the robe or sari or whatever that is. My friend was culture and religion curious, so he started probing this guy with questions, “where you from “, “what’s it like there”, “Do you think god is the ultimate consciousness or just a part of space time”, stuff like that.

The guy looked at him in the eye through the rear view mirror and checked my friend out, then asked three questions. Short ones, direct, and my friend gave him direct answers. After that, they had what my friend reported as the most wonderful conversation all the way to the airport. Now, if you’re like me, you want to know what those 3 questions were. Well he didn’t remember, and he wished he could, and we both set off in our separate ways to find them.

Eventually, I came to the conclusion that the man from India had a deep and broad knowledge of people, religion and the world. His first question was probably chosen based on my friends probes, the next two were based on the answers that he got. If my friend had answered differently, the man from India might have switched to talking about soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment