Friday, July 9, 2010

Mid-July blog

So what’s up with this blog anyway? Well, that’s the thing about a blog, it doesn’t have to go anywhere in particular. I have started a few themes and dropped them, Robert M. Price did not hold my interest, although I may have said he would, The Charter for Compassion kinda fizzled out, although I still get their emails, probably some other things that I said I would do that I just forgot about. Plus its summer, I should be outside.

I did pick up an old copy of “If you see the Buddha on the road, kill him”. It is written by a therapist, but it argues against traditional therapy. It contains a lot of old stories, so I might be drawing off that a bit. I have also discovered something called “Liberation Theology”; a very practical application of Christian teachings to social justice, along the lines of Martin Luther King Jr. and Dietrich Bonnhoefer.

So, as parents often say, we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment